Certified Alzheimer Educator
The candidate for this test is someone who works in Alzheimer care and has developed expertise in the field. The educators are responsible for educating and training the caregiver. In addition they may provide workshops/lectures/information to persons with early stage Alzheimer’s or related disorders, their families, and the general public.
The Certified Alzheimer Educator may be a nurse, social worker, education coordinator, administrator, or other person who has demonstrated advanced knowledge and understanding of the special needs and circumstances of persons with Alzheimer’s disease and their families. With additional expertise in adult learning theory and techniques, they have the competence to effectively teach the concepts and strategies to produce the best possible environment of care.
- 21 years of age or older
- Experience: Direct care or supervision of those who provide direct care
- HS + CAC Certification + 4 years of experience or
- 2 years college or LPN + 3 years of experience or
- Bachelors or RN + 2 years of experience or
- Graduate Degree + 1 year of experience
- 30 hours of dementia specific training within the last 2 years
The fee to take the CAEd exam is $365. Exams are administered through Pearson VUE Professional Testing Centers. Click here to apply for the test.
The CAEd maintains certification with $65 yearly renewal and twelve hours of continuing education credits. You may apply for recertification via our online form, or you may complete the form below and mail your payment.
Important Documents for Review